I’m so excited that my book, The Kingdom of Children: A Liberation Theology, will be coming soon on November 14, 2023—a mere two months from now! As the publication date approaches, I would greatly appreciate your support in spreading the news by joining my select book launch team.
Book launch teams help authors spur sales online with honest Amazon reviews and social media posts. These can be critical ways to create momentum for a book in today’s digital marketplace.
Here’s how the launch team will work:
- Send me an email and let me know you want to participate.
- I’ll send you an advance digital file (PDF) of the book so you can begin reading at your convenience and write a review in advance. The review can and should be short! Just a few sentences would be perfect.
- As the on-sale date nears, I’ll send you several reminder emails:
- First, on the on-sale date, I will email you to remind you to purchase the book (if you have not already pre-ordered it) and to post your review online (I can send you the link for where to do so).
- Second, once you’ve received the print edition of the book, I’ll send you a reminder to post a photo of the book on social media.
Here is a brief overview of the book that my publisher, Eerdmans, wrote: “R. L. Stollar has spent his career advocating for the rights of children, and he thinks it’s time to stop talking down to children and start listening to them. In The Kingdom of Children, Stollar proposes a liberation theology of the child. Stollar begins with a theoretical framework that centers children in our theology and ecclesial life. Reframing biblical stories to center children, we can see how the binding of Isaac reflects the spiritual effects of child abuse, or how children like Miriam can serve as leaders in their communities. Using scriptural examples as well as real studies of children’s spiritual lives, Stollar asserts that children can be priests, prophets, and theologians in our communities. Each chapter concludes with activities and discussion points for introducing the book’s concepts to children. The Kingdom of Children is a must-read for youth ministers, parents, and anyone who works with children.”
Here are some other ways you can further support the book launch:
- Write a social media post about why you’re excited to read The Kingdom of Children and tag me. Here are links to my social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Goodreads.
- Ask your local library to order and stock the book.
- Think of at least three people who would benefit from The Kingdom of Children and tell them about it.
- Introduce me to people you know who could book me as a podcast guest or speaker. I specialize in the following topics: child liberation theology, child advocacy and child protection, evangelicalism and the exvangelical movement, and homeschooling.
- Purchase extra copies and give them to family and friends.
I sincerely appreciate your support in helping me get my book launched with some great momentum. Let me know if you have any questions or ideas for me.
And let me know if you’d like to join my launch team! I’d love to have you be a part.
P.S. Below are some graphics you are welcome to use to promote the book!